Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Big 4-0 Birthday Wish-list

For me, there are only four significant stages in life – The Kiddo, The struggling Yuppie, The Adult and The Retiree.

The Adult stage is marked by the big 4-0, and that’s what I’m going to be in 16 days.

---

If you know me very well, I am not really the type of person who creates a ‘wish-list’. Of course I do, but it is only limited to people who are really close to me. I have discovered the practicality of making these lists two Christmases ago. It made me appreciate more the gifts that were given to me. It eliminated the ‘recycling’ of gifts and made the ones given to me ‘for keeps’.

Like Christmases, I think the BIG 4-0 is very special too, so I have decided to make a wish-list.

1. Rice, sacks of rice. I can never get enough of them. This will be given to ChildHaus – a halfway house established for kids with cancer. There are 40 patients there now and food supply is always a major dilemma.
2. Canned goods, lots of them. Again, this goes to ChildHaus.
3. Powdered Milk, any brand. ChildHaus.
4. Bath soap and shampoo, lots of them. ChildHaus.
5. Laundry soap. ChildHaus.
6. Toys, old or new. ChildHaus
7. Kiddie shirts and shorts, medium to Large. ChildHaus.
8. Coloring books and crayons. Yes, it’s for Aubrey. Joke lang!
9. Cake, yung sobrang sarap para sa bata. To feed 40 kids.
10. Ice Cream. For 40 kids uli.

Allow me to be selfish at sumuntok sa buwan! – this list is limited to my bosses (asa pa), co-reporters (mas asa pa), really close friends and family, especially my brother Noel and my Mom (special mention pa ha):

Ang daya ng mga friends ko who got married in the past years, nakakapag-register sila sa gift registry ng mga department stores, kaya… nagpa-register rin ako (just me and myself) sa Rustan’s. Dahil bago ang condo ko, maarte ako, errrr, mas maarte ako ngayon. Hahahaha.

11. Cuisinart Grind and Brew Thermal Coffeemaker -- For my new condo http://www.cuisinart.com/products/coffee_bar/dgb-600bc.html
Check Rustan’s EDSA Shang Mall (Ortigas) Gift registry.
12. Cuisinart Power Blender 700 – healthy living na kasi ako.
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/blenders/cbt-500.html
Check Rustan’s EDSA Shang Mall (Ortigas) Gift registry.
13. Cuisinart Metal Toaster – For my bagel time with Tina
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/toasters/cpt-160.html
Check Rustan’s EDSA Shang Mall (Ortigas) Gift registry.
14. Cuisinart electric griller – healthy living to the max
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/grills/gr-4n.html
Check Rustan’s EDSA Shang Mall (Ortigas) Gift registry.
15. Metastone steam oven
http://www.metastone.com.ph/products/gallery/77/
Metastone is located at the 4th level of SM Megamall Building B, telephone 6370079
16. Metastone microwave oven with mounting kit
http://www.metastone.com.ph/products/gallery/44/
Metastone is located at the 4th level of SM Megamall Building B, telephone 6370079
17. New pair of Nike + shoes, gym bag and running outfit

Di ko na enumerate ito dahil alam ko namang imposible – Mag guest sa Oprah or Ellen, Maging cover ng Men’s Health (di lalo kasi pwede pag FHM), Pakantahin si Regine Velasquez sa kasal ni Aubrey.

Thank you very much. Ang hirap palang gumawa ng list. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment